photo Banner.jpg

January 13, 2012

Fab not Drab Link Party #2 and Features

Happy Friday! I am especially grateful for Friday this week since it is the last day of Mr. Awesome’s one week class and now he has another 2 weeks off before returning for the semester. Yippee!
So as much as I loved link parties before…I love them even more now! Who doesn’t want to sit back and watch people bring their awesomeness to you?!? It ROCKS! It is difficult to pick favorites though since you are all so talented, but we managed to do it…after racking our brains and heated debates…okay the heated debates didn’t happen but it was actually pretty fun to get together and discuss your projects and then pick our favorites. The only dissapointing thing was realizing that not everyone linked back to us…(sticks lip out with sad puppy eyes) So if you would like the chance to be feature, please make sure to link back to us. Overall, our first link party was a success so we shall continue! YAY!
Our favorites from last week are full of super amazing deals and incredible talent which is ALWAYS a good combination. Alright, ready? Drumroll please……drdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdr (don’t make fun of my drumroll) 
We loved this $10 chair makeover from Melanie @ My Rags 2 Riches. Talk about a great housewarming gift. The previous owners left this in the house that they recently purchased so she got this chair for FREE! Her materials came in under $10. That’s a steal in my eyes. I would love to have this chair in our home. Great job Melanie!photo-23photo-25

Now how could we really just pick one?!? Impossible! We are crazy about this $5 yardsale find dressing table makeover. Can I just say that I think it is totally unfair that everyone has luck in finding the French Provincial style furniture! I swear, people in Arizona do not even know this style exists! If they did, they would throw their “hard to dust ugliness” oak furniture out the window and never look back! So fellow Arizonans…do you see what is possible to have in our homes?!? This is STUNNING! I’m sure there are select few who have it in their homes, they are just smart enough to keep it. Okay Jen, enough ranting…on to an amazing makeover. Barbara from 21 Rosemary Lane came into this beautiful vanity when her sister found it at a yard sale for only $5! Talk about a great sister! To get this sensational look, Barbara only had to spend around $42. That is incredible! I love this finish, the contrast of watermelon paint and silver. It is perfect. Great job Barbara.
Feel free to grab a featured button ladies. Your projects are amazing!
OurDIYDiaries
Thank you to all those who linked up! We so enjoyed seeing all the projects. Keep linking!

Today starts a new party so remember to link up and share with your friends. We will feature our favorites again next week so make sure to check back!

Guidelines for Harmonious Blogging
#1  PLEASE LINK TO A POST URL, **NOT YOUR MAIN URL**
#2. Add either the Our DIY Diaries or Fab not Drab Fridays button to the post or at least make sure to link back to us somewhere on your blog.
#3. I reserve the right to remove posts that are offensive or do not adhere to the rules. But I really don't want to so just follow the easy guidelines...please!
#4. This is really just a STRONG suggestion but I won't force you...that said, I would LOVE for you to follow us.
#5. And since we all jump for joy at new comments, please take the time to visit other links and leave some comments of love and encouragement!

By linking up, you give us permission to use your photos in a feature post ( I promise we will link back to your post though!)
Manic Mother
OurDIYDiaries

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the feature...I am very honored!!! You wrote so many nice words about my vanity, how lovely to read them. Have a wonderful week and I will be sure to link up to your new party!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...