photo Banner.jpg

January 18, 2012

Shower Me with Pretty Things…The Glassware Jackpot

I am so excited for this series of posts that I will be sharing with you. Ever since we were teeny weeny girls, I hoped for the chance to plan my besties bridal shower. What, you can’t imagine a 3 year old saying “Mommy, I want to plan Laryssa’s bridal shower!” fine…maybe I wasn’t 3…I was probably 4. 393912_10150512735839865_604984864_8873243_2115743639_n
I always knew that Laryssa would be my Maid of Honor and I always hoped that I would be hers….afterall, we’re practically sisters! DSC_4183rtcropedSo when Laryssa got down on one knee and asked me to be her Matron of Honor, I squealed with excitement! Who doesn’t love the opportunity to throw parties and wear a pretty dress. And do you know any other bride that lets you choose whatever dress you want! That’s right ladies! I get to choose my dress! She is so much nicer than I was haha, I don’t remember if I let her have a say in her dress…to make myself feel better, I’ll say I did. It’s pretty though…right? (Just say yes!)
I will be sharing all of my ideas, crafts, random thoughts, possibly recipes, and then finally, the shower when all is said and done.
Okay, on to the first sneak peek. SONY DSCThis collection started a few days ago at a thrift store that was having a major sale since it was moving locations. I originally went in looking for the price of a couch I saw sitting just outside the store…French Provincial…gorgeous….too expensive. But all was not lost when the sweet lady who owns it came by and said, “here, take a bag, fill it up because the whole bag is $3!” $3!!!! HOLY MOLY! They also had all their really nice glassware in a cabinet for 75% off. I was in glassware heaven! I got so many wonderful things and then 2 days later, it was Goodwills 50% off Saturday. I went around to 4 different Goodwills scoping out their glassware (and looking for a buffet…no such luck) Here are some close ups of my fabulous finds.SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCPhotographing glassware on a white table…not the easiest task!SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCWowzas right? I’m so excited! So any guesses on how much this all cost? Okay I'm too excited to wait for guesses...all these items came in UNDER $35! Jackpot? Yes!
Now, who wants to take a guess as to the theme of the shower? The winner gets a prize….2 thumbs up from me! Isn’t that such a great prize?
On your mark, get set, START GUESSING!

1 comment:

  1. I have two guesses: something with candy, a lot of variety on display? Or a wintry ice theme.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...