photo Banner.jpg

January 18, 2013

Simple DIY Grout Cleaner

So I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this or not but Nick, The Husband, is a clean freak… Like kinda crazy about it too; and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t somewhat make me crazy. Anyhow, we both hate dirty grout, and the last time I was mopping I thought, “I’m just pushing water around, and the dirty water is settling in the cracks”. I had a sad realization that it is was pointless and I should never clean again! (ok, ok, so I might have been a little dramatic) I know you can clean your tile with bleach pens but right now I despise the smell of bleach, must be a preggo thing. So I thought “what are a couple of the most versatile household products that I don’t have to leave the house to find because I am too lazy to put on “real” clothes to go to the store and buy them”, and then it hit me, Nick and I have started using baking soda for a ton of things around the house, why won’t that work? Here is a super simple recipe to clean and deodorize grout!
just remember
3 parts baking soda
1 part hydrogen peroxide  
you can make it in any quantity you desire.

Image
 I used an old tooth brush to scrub, but you can use any type of scrubber. Image (1)* For the sake of this project I did not make a lot of product, if you remember the 3:1 rule, then you can make however much* Image (2)Mix your peroxide with your baking soda until it makes a paste like goo. Image (3)This is my grout before…Image (4)Apply paste to grout and let sit for a little while, then use your used tooth brush to scrub, scrub, scrub. Wipe clean with warm water.Image (6)Ta Da! Pretty clean grout!Image (5) Ltag-300 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...